Baptist Housing Jobs | Baptist Housing Jobs 2023 | Baptist Housing is a company that provides homes for seniors in British Columbia, Canada. They’re currently searching for a Maintenance Assistant in Kelowna, British Columbia to help keep the facilities in good condition. As a Maintenance Assistant, you’ll be responsible for keeping everything clean, safe, and working well. You’ll also be required to make repairs and upgrades as needed. This is a great opportunity to work in a field that is rewarding and makes a difference in the lives of seniors in the community. To explore more jobs, please visit Canadian Government Jobs.
Baptist Housing also fosters a warm and caring environment for its residents. As a Maintenance Assistant, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with residents on a regular basis, which can be a truly rewarding experience. Baptist Housing Careers values its employees and provides comprehensive training and support to ensure that everyone feels confident and capable in their role. If you’re looking for a fulfilling job that allows you to make a positive impact on the lives of others, consider applying for the Maintenance Assistant position at Baptist Housing in Kelowna, British Columbia.
Baptist Housing Jobs 2023 | Hiring For Maintenance Assistant In Kelowna, British Columbia
Baptist Housing Is Now Hiring For Maintenance Assistant On Their Official Career Portal In Kelowna, British Columbia. Competitors Who Are Searching For Good Job Opportunity, Their Seek For Job Is Over Now. Now They Can Apply For Maintenance Assistant At Baptist Housing. Candidates Need Experience And Required Qualification In Relevant Fields. Selected Applicants Will Get Paid Of Approximately CAD 25.00 an hour. Baptist Housing Jobs In Kelowna, British Columbia.
About Baptist Housing
Baptist Housing is a non-profit organization that provides affordable housing and care for seniors in British Columbia, Canada. Established in 1964, Baptist Housing operates more than 20 communities across the province, offering a range of services from independent living to assisted living and complex care. Their mission is to provide “communities of care” where seniors can live with dignity, respect, and independence.
Baptist Housing is committed to providing quality care and support for its residents, with a focus on promoting physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. They offer a range of programs and services designed to meet the unique needs of each resident, including health and wellness activities, social events, and spiritual care.
Short Details Of Baptist Housing Jobs For Maintenance Assistant
|Name Of Organisation||Baptist Housing|
|Job Profile||Maintenance Assistant|
|Salary||CAD 25.00 an hour|
|Job Type||Baptist Housing Jobs Canada|
|Job Location||Jobs In Kelowna, British Columbia|
|Get Notification From||www.baptisthousing.org|
Full Job Description For Baptist Housing Jobs In British Columbia, Canada
Full Job Description
Baptist Housing is looking for a Maintenance Assistant to support Sun Pointe Village and Village at Smith Creek. The Maintenance Assistant is accountable for all aspects of the maintenance of the buildings, grounds and equipment in one or a variety of areas such as electrical, plumbing and painting in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Maintenance Assistant enjoys working with others and is highly service oriented. You are able to work independently and as a collaborative Team Member. You have highly developed mechanical skills with proven ability to maintain and repair a wide range of appliances, equipment and systems. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Models the organizational values
· Demonstrates a consistent example of Servant Leadership by serving the needs of others
· Fosters and maintains positive, collaborative relationships with Residents, Team Members, Families and Partners
· Ensures maintenance work and storage areas are clean and organized
· Continually looks for innovative ways to improve service while maintaining high standards
· Maintains current knowledge of applicable codes and regulations
· Provides 24 hour maintenance support and attends to any building emergencies after business hours
· Maintains records of all preventative maintenance
· Maintains records of all repairs and on demand maintenance
· Establishes, influences and supports a culture of health and safety
· Demonstrates safe working practice and encourages Team Members to work safely
· Takes initiative and makes suggestions for health and safety improvements in the workplace
· Ensures discussions regarding safety topics are a regular part of team meetings
· Participates in investigations of Team Member injuries and workplace inspections
· Participates as an Employer member of the Joint Occupational Safety and Health Committee (JOSH)
· Eliminates identified workplace hazards where possible or implements controls
· Repairs furniture such as tables, cupboards and shelves; repairs items such as walls, doors, floors, ceilings and windows by applying materials such as drywall, wood paneling, floor and ceiling coverings and glass; constructs items such as shelves and cupboards.
· Replaces plumbing fixtures such as sinks and toilets; repairs plumbing fixtures such as water supply lines and waste lines.
· Identifies nature of malfunction of equipment and appliances such as wheelchairs, paging systems, toasters, food mixers and blenders; performs electrical and mechanical repairs by disassembling motors and equipment, cleaning, oiling, greasing and replacing parts such as brushes, elements, bearings, filters and wires and soldering connections; installs items such as timers and switches; performs safety checks on electrical appliances for defects such as faulty wires and improper grounding. Installs receptacles and ballasts and changes circuits under supervision in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
· Applies paint and other finishes by brush, roller and/or spray; removes and replaces coverings such as tiles, linoleum and carpets.
· Performs maintenance to heavy duty equipment such as sterilizers, washers, dryers and extractors by disassembling equipment, cleaning, oiling, greasing and replacing items such as filters and reassembling equipment as required.
· Assigns tasks to designated staff and provides related training and orientation.
· Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance procedures for related equipment, recommends repairs and purchases as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Post-secondary education preferred
· Minimum 2 year’s related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Must be in good health, free from communicable diseases and physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the job in the working environment
· Experienced driver with a minimum of a Class 5 license and clear driving record
Job Types: Permanent, Casual
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Apply Now For Baptist Housing Jobs
In Most Of The Jobs, Employers Seeing In You Good Communication Skills, Your Problem-Solving Abilities, And Management Skills. If You Read This Full Article And If You Are Fit For Their Requirement Then Go Through The Above Link. Also, Check These Links Full-Time Or Part-Time!
Checking For More Jobs Click Here!