Grow & Gather Jobs | Hiring For Small Farm Lead Hand Career Opportunity At Grow & Gather. Grow & Gather Providing Jobs In Maple Ridge, British Columbia. New Government Vacancy At Grow & Gather As A Small Farm Lead Hand Under Canadian Government Jobs In Maple Ridge, British Columbia. Job Seekers Who Are Eligible In Eligibility Criteria Of Grow & Gather Jobs For Vacant Position Of Small Farm Lead Hand Get Latest Updates Through www.growandgather.com.
Grow & Gather Is Most Reliable And Leading Job Providing Company. Grow & Gather Is Giving A Great Chance Of Selection For Freshers Or Experienced Candidates Who Are Looking For Jobs In Maple Ridge, British Columbia. Come To Know Maple Ridge British Columbia Government Jobs For Job Seekers. Get The Details Of Grow & Gather Careers Opportunity Down Below. Latest Jobs That Matching Your Profile Can Choose From Grow & Gather.
Grow & Gather Jobs 2022 | Hiring For Small Farm Lead Hand In Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Grow & Gather Is Now Hiring For Small Farm Lead Hand On Their Official Career Portal In Maple Ridge, British Columbia. Candidates Have Best Job Opportunity Who Are Looking For Grow & Gather Jobs. Now They Can Apply For Small Farm Lead Hand At Grow & Gather. Candidates Need Experience And Required Qualification In Relevant Field. Candidates Who Are Selected Will Pay Approximately CAD 24.76 an hour. Grow & Gather Jobs In Maple Ridge, British Columbia.
Short Details Of Grow & Gather Jobs For Small Farm Lead Hand
|Name Of Organisation||Grow & Gather|
|Job Profile||No Job Openings For A While|
|Salary||CAD 24.76 an hour|
|Job Type||Grow & Gather Jobs Canada|
|Job Location||Jobs In Maple Ridge, British Columbia|
|Get Notification From||www.growandgather.com|
Full Job Description For Grow & Gather Jobs In British Columbia, Canada
Full Job Description
Grow & Gather is a farmstead garden shop tending a full compliment of culinary, floral, landscape, native
and aquatic plants, plus an array of pond supplies. The company grows its own supply of hanging
baskets and a selection of ornamental plants for its retail operation, as well as pumpkins for autumn
sales, and a limited supply of market vegetables to sell at farm gate. A flock of chickens has been added
for egg production. The 4-acre farmstead is owner-operated, and presently has a small and highly
dedicated team that is well known in the community for service, knowledge, and its hometown warmth. A
partnership with the Haney Farmers Market sees that amenity’s relocation to the greenhouses for several
Garden retailing and growing has been the mainstay of the company since its inception about 20 years
ago. To further grow the business, differentiate from its competitors, better utilize its land, and nestle itself
in its traditionally farming neighbourhood, the owners plan to develop the following aspects of theproperty:
- Increase production of ornamentals and edible starter plants for retail sales.
- Establish a viable and diverse market garden to supply local residents with farm fresh produce.
- Create partnerships with other local farmers to increase produce offerings and provide a venue
for farmers to retail their wares beyond their weekly attendance at farmers markets.
- Offer beekeeping supplies, become educated in beekeeping, and potentially establish a smallfarm apiary.
- Expand produce offerings with small flock egg production.
- Carefully consider and execute farm offerings in order to position itself as the growing
neighbourhood’s hobby farm.
This full-time position takes responsibility for current plant health duties on both the retailing and growing
sides of operations. With an eye to sensible diversification on the farm, and working directly with owneroperators, the position will inform and execute the market garden, pumpkin patch, egg production, and
other aspects of the farm.
- Plant Health
o Daily watering and pest monitoring of ornamental crops in production
o Daily watering and pest monitoring of retail crops in garden centre
Daily watering and pest monitoring of market garden crops
o Consultation with owners and staff for care and treatment of issues as they arise
- Market Gardening
o Crop planning of market garden with consideration of retailability, storage needs, harvest,
and on farm food safety.
o Sowing / transplanting of market garden crops
o Weeding and maintenance of market garden
o Compost management
o Harvesting, safe handling, storage, and delivery of produce to retail
o Management of produce waste and overages (possible farmers market selling, animal
- Ornamental / Retail Plant Production
o Working with team to determine selling and production schedules
o Assist with planting and growing on of ornamental crops and vegetable starts for retail
o Management / delivery of retail ready crops to garden centre
- Light animal husbandry
o Feeding, care, egg collection of chicken flock.
o Feeding, care, manure management of other hobby farm animals as added.
- Record keeping
o As required and related directly to above production.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Extensive skills and knowledge in agriculture practices including permaculture, horticulture, edible
landscaping, composting, animal husbandry.
- Certificate/diploma from a recognized agriculture and/or horticulture training facility.
- Basic marketing and small business understanding and experience.
- Workable knowledge of Word, Excel, and the Internet, plus sufficient comfort with computer use
to learn and accomplish related tasks in company POS system (training provided).
- Minimum two years’ experience working in a farming, agriculture, or related role.
- Ability to drive tractor is a plus.
- Valid drivers’ license.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing
work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Relationship Building: Establishes and maintain positive working relationships with others to
achieve the goals of the company. Though customer interaction is not the subject of this job,
ability to treat all customers and guests on the farm in a courteous, warm and helpful manner.
- Self-directedness: Content, energetic, and efficient when working alone.
Communication: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using
appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. English required.
- Organizational Skills: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals,
and tracks data.
- Problem Solving: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant
information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations to the owners to resolve
- Physically capable of manual labour, and lifting up to 50lb.
This is a small business that relies on the ability of team members to pitch-in to accomplish pressing
goals. From time to time, duties may be adjusted, pre-empted, or altered to fit the company’s immediate
Work occurs rain or shine and is subject to the wet and often inclement weather of the area. Team
members are not made of sugar, and may be required to work in less than optimal weather conditions.
Adjustments will be made in the case of extremes, but staff is expected to be prepared with the gear,
nutrition and clothing suited to wet, cold, or very hot days.
Rain gear and safety-toed work boots are conditions of employment.
Overtime may be required in peak season. Approved overtime may be banked or subject to averaging
agreements as will be determined by management and successful candidate.
A seasonal layoff between late December and early February is customary at this company.
Depending on experience.
Submit your resume with cover letter in confidence to [email protected]