University of Victoria Jobs | Hiring For Time Entry Clerk Career Opportunity At University of Victoria. University of Victoria Providing Jobs In Victoria, British Columbia. New Government Vacancy At University of Victoria As A Time Entry Clerk Under Canadian Government Jobs In Victoria, British Columbia. Job Seekers Who Are Eligible In Eligibility Criteria Of University of Victoria Jobs For Vacant Position Of Time Entry Clerk Get Latest Updates Through uvic.mua.hrdepartment.com.
University of Victoria Is Most Reliable And Leading Job Providing Company. University of Victoria Is Giving A Great Chance Of Selection For Freshers Or Experienced Candidates Who Are Looking For Jobs In Victoria, British Columbia. Come To Know Victoria British Columbia Government Jobs For Job Seekers. Get The Details Of University of Victoria Careers Opportunity Down Below. Latest Jobs That Matching Your Profile Can Choose From University of Victoria.
University of Victoria Jobs 2022 | Hiring For Time Entry Clerk In Victoria, British Columbia
University of Victoria Is Now Hiring For Time Entry Clerk On Their Official Career Portal In Victoria, British Columbia. Candidates Have Best Job Opportunity Who Are Looking For University of Victoria Jobs. Now They Can Apply For Time Entry Clerk At University of Victoria. Candidates Need Experience And Required Qualification In Relevant Field. Candidates Who Are Selected Will Pay Approximately CAD 3755.00–3872.00 a month. University of Victoria Jobs In Victoria, British Columbia.
Short Details Of University of Victoria Jobs For Time Entry Clerk
|Name Of Organisation||University of Victoria|
|Job Profile||No Job Openings For A While|
|Salary||CAD 3755.00–3872.00 a month|
|Job Type||University of Victoria Jobs Canada|
|Job Location||Jobs In Victoria, British Columbia|
|Get Notification From||uvic.mua.hrdepartment.com|
Full Job Description For University of Victoria Jobs In British Columbia, Canada
Full Job Description
The Payroll department is a tight knit team of Payroll professionals that value providing accurate and timely pay, exceptional customer service, and salty and sweet snacking.
This is a unique opportunity to work as a Payroll professional for a large, ever-changing, diverse and fun organization. The Payroll team provides position, benefits, and entitlement coding for the entire University including faculty, staff, research assistants and teaching assistants.
If you are a team oriented Payroll professional that enjoys learning and challenges, then come join our team.
Working as part of a team, the Time Entry Clerk is responsible for: Accurately code and key timesheet payments in accordance with campus collective agreements, University policy and procedure, labour standards and HRSDC regulations; provide customer support to Department and Web Time Entry users; prepare Records of Employment and maintain employee records; and respond to enquiries by Faculty, staff and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency with MS Windows Office Suite
- Intermediate skills in creating and maintaining excel spreadsheets
- Advanced keyboarding skills with a minimum typing speed of 50w.p.m
- High school graduation
- Completion of Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)
- Completion of recognized accounting courses toward a certificate or diploma program highly desirable
- Considerable payroll experience preferably obtained from a large, unionized environment
- Previous experience with Banner HR system highly desirable
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Employment Standards regulations
- Applied knowledge of campus collective agreements considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of principles, practices and methods of payroll and office procedures including document processing and records management
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training may be considered
- Applies an in-depth knowledge to a variety of moderately complex processes and procedures
- Coordinates various records requiring the application and interpretation of University policies and procedures, diverse laws, regulations and collective agreements
- Reviews data and information for accuracy and completeness using multiple guidelines from a variety of sources
- Efficiently performs tasks with attention to detail under extremely tight deadlines
- Performs research, data collection and analysis of information assimilated
- Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions and/or procedures
- Accurately keys 50 wpm. for high volumes of data input that includes a significant proportion of numerical data
- Integrates varying software applications and systems for information and records purposes
- Selects, understands and fully applies a variety of features in software programs, databases, information systems and specialized equipment
- Utilizes, reconciles and manipulates data from different software systems
- Identifies problems and seeks information from appropriate sources to find solution
- Recognizes, defines and resolves non-standard problems using established procedures, practices, and payroll knowledge
- Resolves recurring issues and problems as well as unique situations
- Serves as a resource for others in resolving unprecedented, non-standard issues and problems
Communication – Verbal:
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients and/or public about services, processes and procedures using established guidelines in all matters related to payroll operations
- Communicates expectations to other employees which may include formal/informal training
- Understands when it is appropriate to release confidential information or to whom to refer questions
- Presents ideas in a clear, concise, organized manner while maintaining composure and tact in difficult and/or emotional situations
Communication – Written:
- Composes, organizes and conveys ideas logically
- Independently compiles, analyzes, assimilates and composes information requiring in-depth knowledge and interpretation into varied or non-standard formats with responsibility for content review, accuracy, quality and timelines
- Provides clear and concise answers to requests for general information using appropriate grammatical phrase structures
- Records and documents information accurately
- Understands the organizational structure as well as key resources within the University
- Ability to work under pressure
- Applies exceptional organizational skills to prioritize workload
- Handles sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Maintains employee confidentiality and confidence
- Provides outstanding customer service
- Responds well to continuous change, frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
Some bending, lifting and reaching required.
Equity and Diversity Statement
UVic is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
Read our full equity statement here: www.uvic.ca/equitystatement.
If you anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process contact: [email protected] Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
COVID 19 On-Campus Requirements
The University of Victoria requires all new employees to provide proof of vaccination. Your information is confidential and will be securely stored.